Monday, January 25, 2010

Just a typical day in Copenhagen :)

Today was a beautiful day in Copenhagen. I had my Cross Cultural Encounters class at 8:30 which I was very exhausted for and then I had my European Storytelling class, which I am happy to say was leaps and bounds better then the first day, as I thought it would be. Then after my lunch break I had my Hans Christian Anderson class. Unfortunately the teacher was not able to make it to class today, but she had arranged for an actor who specialized in performing Anderson's work to entertain us. It was so cool! I knew Anderson had wrote a lot of stories, but I had no idea he also wrote poems, songs, and also plays. The actor sang and read chronologically through Anderson's life, to kind of give us an idea what he was thinking throughout his life. It was very interesting and awesome to have a personal performance like that.

After class it was so nice out that I didn't want to go home so instead of getting on the bus at my normal stop outside of DIS so I took a walk down Strøget towards the main bus and train station. I mostly window shopped and looked at the beautiful architecture. I thought about buying some flat boots but I could not find any that I liked. Everything is on sale here for 50-75% off, which means it is actually reasonable to buy. I also found the Urban Outfitters :D. But I didn't find anything interesting enough to spend as much money as they were asking and I eventually made my way back to the bus station.

I rode the bus back to Keops and took a short nap and then went to the grocery store with my friends Maren and Mike. I did not need anything and attempted not to buy anything, but of course I found a few things including some smoked halibut. I haven't quite figured out what I want to do with it yet but I am sure I will come up with something.

I just finished having dinner with our 7:30 dinner crew <3 including a newly joined Danish guy who is very nice and an Australian who just arrived today. I am glad I am finally starting to meet some Danish people and learn a little bit about their culture. I was also told today that the reason why I have not been able to watch any of the Australian Open is because it is banned here for some reason!!!! This is the first Grand Slam I have not watched any of since I don't even know! Uggggh I found a fault in Denmark. I have a little bit of reading to do for tomorrow so I think I am going to make some tea and do that quickly and then go to bed. I was up very late last night and it didn't go over well this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Australian Open is not banned in Denmark.
    The whole tournamnet was shown live on the two sister channels Eurosport and Eurosport 2, both with Danish commentators.
    But not everyone in Denmark subscribes to these channels.
    The 3 other Grand Slams are also shown on Eurosport and Eurosport 2.

    You can also find free live steams for Grand Slams and most ATP and WTA tournaments here http://www.fromsport.com/c-4.html

    ReplyDelete