Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A snowy scavenger hunt


Today is probably my favorite day so far!! We had our scavenger hunt around the city, which took us everywhere from the Royal Palace to Parliament. I feel much more comfortable now that I know a little bit more about the city and a little bit about where I am! Despite the bitter cold and the snow the scavenger hunt was still amazing. I had no idea how much Copenhagen had to offer. I think I might spend every day studding in the Black Diamond, or the Royal Library, similar to our Library of Congress. It is a very cool building in general, and very close to the very awesome building Parliament uses. Pretty much in general that area is amazing. I also got to see the harbor where the most famous picture of Copenhagen was taken, unfortunately I am not as good of a photographer...

I also had my orientation to my Migration and Identity program. I think it is going to be a very interesting class, with some pretty serious debates.

Finally, today me and my friend Maren and I decided to try to find a Netto ( a cheap grocery store) close to the bus stop, which ended up in a very, very long walk down strøget, which is the pedestrian street that is lined with stores. I think I said this before but it is also the longest pedestrian street in Europe and I think we might have walked the majority of it. It was a very cool walk though, we found a meat market and a fish market which we might try to buy from, once we figure out exactly what all the things were... I definitely want to try to cook some halibut, they have it for really cheap and its a local favorite.

Classes start tomorrow!!! And I have some reading to do and, surprise! I am still not unpacked...

No comments:

Post a Comment