Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Sun Was Shining Today!!!

Today was a perfect day! I could not have asked for a better first day of classes. My first class was my Cross Cultural Encounters class where I learned all about how the Danish government works and how they have at least 6 political parties!! That is so crazy to think about!! I am kind of jealous... Today was mostly an over view day, but I think I am really going to enjoy that class. Then I had my class called from Homer to Harry Potter. This class was not as great, but my teacher said we had to learn the theory before we could discuss the stories so I have high hopes that the class gets better. Then I had a lunch break, which will eventually be replaced by my Biology of Marine Mammals Lab, but for now I had lunch with Kelli, and a few new people. Then the best part of my day happened. We walked outside to go to my Hans Christian Anderson class and the sun was shining!! It was the first time I had seen the sun shine since I have been here. I kind of hope its not like again tomorrow because I want to walk across the ice over the harbor before it melts! Anyways, My HC Anderson class was very interesting too, I am intrigued to read all of his stories after I had to read The Shadow for class. It became clear to me after todays class that HC Anderson was a very brilliant writer, catering to both children and adults in the same stories.

I was kinda bummed today after I found out that 2 of my field studies overlap :( I am not sure what is going to happen about that yet, but both trips sound equally interesting and equally important. I hope they don't make me choose!

Kelli and I also went on and adventure to get our CPR numbers today. A CPR number is essentially a social security number and it allows us to use their health care system should we need to. We ended up getting slightly lost before we found the right building but everyone is so nice here all we had to do was stop and ask for directions. After we finally got our numbers we both bought our first Danish hot dogs. They are a huge deal here, and they have the coolest buns. They have a roll basically only the hole is drilled down through the middle and the hot dog is shoved down into the hole with the ketchup and the mustard. It was really good except for I ended up with a lot of mustard.

Finally, I had to go to a short meeting about getting my visiting family. I am excited to find out who they are so I can finally have a home cooked meal! And to learn more about Danish culture. The Keops girls and I also attempted ordering pizza to our Kollegium. I think we just ended up looking like a bunch of stupid Americans but thats ok, the pizza was delicious. Hopefully we will know better for next time. Well it was an incredibly long day once again. I have an early class again tomorrow which I am excited about so I am going to go to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment