Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Interlaken: The Final Stop




The final destination on Kelli and I's agenda was cozy Interlaken, Switzerland. The quaint Swiss town was absolutely adorable and was the perfect place to end our journey. After we checked in and got settled we wandered around the town and found the perfect place for dinner: Mexican! The only problem was, every thing in this town was about 30 dollars for a meal, so Kelli and I split a huge plate of guacamole for dinner, which was totally fine with me! The view from our hostel balcony was breathtaking as well, it overlooked almost the whole town. We went to bed early in order to prepare for our hang gliding adventure the next day!



At 9:00am sharp our new friends Bernie and Ed picked us up from our hostel. These 2 jokesters would be our pilots for our adventure in the air! We joked with them the entire way up the mountain, about how they "just bought the business at the bar 2 nights ago," all in attempts to put our nerves at ease. However, I think it was safe to say at this point that I was not hardly as nervous as I was excited. After a short hike up to the launch area I helped Ed assemble our glider, suited up, and had a little bit of a photo shoot! We also had to practice our launch, so that we could run in-sync down the hill. After 2 practice runs, and a good-bye to Kelli, we started our run! 3-2-1 step step run!!!!!! Suddenly I was in the air like a bird. There is simply nothing like this feeling, I wish I got to do that every day.


After landing safely we waited for Kelli's glider to land as well and headed back to the hostel. Hang gliding was by far my most favorite thing I got to do while traveling. And we still had the entire day ahead of us. We got McDonalds for lunch, completing our cycle! And wandered around the city. We found an awesome park where we could watch other hang gliders and para-gliders sail through the air. It was really cool to see what exactly we had done, but while sitting on the ground. Kelli and also found a place to make our own jewelry, and we both made bracelets to remember the best 2 weeks of spring break ever. I was happy to head home after Interlaken, traveling is exhausting, but I loved every moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment