Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Barcelona! Just as Beautiful as it was 5 years ago!

We arrived in Barcelona after taking a high speed train from Madrid and proceeded to find our hostel, which was located right off of Las Ramblas! After checking in, we made our way to Plaza del Rei for a nice lunch, accompanied by our new friend Hannah, who was studying abroad in Istanbul (SOOO JEALOUS!) Then we headed to the Sagrada Familia which looks essentially the same as it did 5 years ago, but it was so fun to see Kelli's reactions to the towering church. The beautiful market was also the same, with the fruit displayed vibrantly in the front. After the Sagrada Familia we hiked our way through Barcelona to Parc Guell, the park that Gaudi designed that I did not have the chance to see when I was in Barcelona the last time. This place was fantastic! I probably could have spent an entire day walking around the park that overlooked the entire city. It was totally worth the hike all the way up a huge hill to get to this place. Not to mention the weather was perfect for it.


The next day we did the Fat Tire Bike Tour!!! Which has also not changed much, but I loved it just the same. Once again the weather was beautiful and we stopped along the beach for a quick lunch.



All in all, Barcelona was just as great as it was the last time around, and I am so glad I got to show Kelli one of my favorite cities.

This was the message painted on the wall in our hostel, and I think after this semester it is most definitely true:



Also!! On a Denmark note, after my 4 hour biology class this morning (which was surprisingly awesome) I went back to my visiting families house and had lunch. I also got to feel like a true dane and bike around their town which was too fun. I am totally going to take a bike down to Elon this summer, I forgot how nice riding is. Other then that I am just looking forward to the weekend when I will get to visit Roskilde and the vikings, and also the zoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment