Monday, May 3, 2010

Bornholm Bike Trip :)

A weekend full of biking makes you realize 2 things. First, The Tour de France now looks impossible (not that i actually thought I could do it before, but you get the point) and second, I never would have imagined how much someone's butt can hurt after biking. These 2 things aside I had an amazing time in Bornholm over the weekend. Bornholm is an island about a 6 hour boat ride away from Copenhagen, that is often called the Hawaii of Denmark. After boarding an overnight ferry at 11pm Thursday night we arrived on the island at 6am, exhausted for sure. Me and my friends grabbed a bite to eat, grabbed a nap, and then grabbed a bike for a loooooong day. The weather was not on our side in the least, in fact, there were 15mph winds blowing at us the entire time and it poured down rain when I had a flat tire. These things might make it sound like I did not have a good time, but in fact the exact opposite is true. I had an amazing day, despite how utterly tiring it was.


We had a fun picnic outside of a school, had some amazing home made ice cream, and traveled back to the mid 1800s in a little store. And also slept like rocks that night. Which was good because we were off on our travels again! We visited a blown glass workshop and then stopped at the cliffs and relaxed in the sun for a while


All in all it was an awesome weekend, with awesome people. I think my abs got just as good of a work out as my legs did I was laughing so hard. But you will not be seeing me biking around France any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment