Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Half Way Point

I have been here 2 months and I have 2 months left, the half way point. This feeling is truly bittersweet. On the one hand I can't wait to get back home to see my family, and on the other hand I will be so disappointed to leave the amazing people I have met here and this beautiful place I have had the chance to call home. The past few days not only have I had the pleasure of hosting a friend from home, but the weather has been stunning. Finally the sun is out, although it still manages to hang around 35 degrees. Regardless the past few days have been spent wandering around the city with Terry basking in the sunlight. I finally went up the Round Tower and saw the best view in Copenhagen, I saw the Nyhavn not covered in snow (and the rest of the city for that matter) and have really despised being stuck in class. It is incredibly funny to see Terry making the same mistakes I did my first week in Copenhagen, I never realized how much I have come to understand this city and this culture. I think I have pulled him out of a bike lane at least 4 times. Its really hard to be away from home right now as Eric finishes up high school and starts baseball season and Erin performs on stage, but having Terry here is awesome. Tomorrow we are going to go to Louisiana (an art museum) and 2 of the castles in the city as well as the St. Patrick's Day parade. It is going to be such a busy day, and then we head to Amsterdam on Thursday! I have a feeling these next 2 months are going to be absolutely incredible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment